Pages

Tuesday, June 12

taco tuesday


The other night, I decided it was going to be taco night for dinner {okay, we didn't actually eat these on taco tuesday...} I bought some "beefless ground beef" from the grocery store awhile ago but never seemed to be in the mood or too tired to get everything prepared and ready. But for some reason, this night was the night. So I went to the store to get some fixin's and then came home to prepare it all. I was a little intimidated about the "beef" because I have never had tofu in this form before. And the instructions merely said "just heat and serve" - like it's that easy. But actually, I put it in a skillet with some olive oil and herbs and seasonings and stirred it around for about 6 or 7 minutes and presto, it was done. Then I had the usual, lettuce, corn, cheese, brown rice, and some chips and salsa on hand as well. I also decided to be a little unconventional and get some corn tortillas instead of my usual love for flour ones. I thought that they were all cooked and ready to just warm up, but they in fact were not. Lucky for me, boy was near by and quickly took over and showed me what to do. We put them in another little skillet with oil and cooked them on either side for just a few minutes. They turned out even better than I could have imagined. Everything was so fabulous and incredible I feel like I am eating it all over again right now. I would absolutely recommend making this meal and I can not wait to make it again! I am sure most of you would much prefer the real deal but I have to say.. the "beefless ground beef" really held it's own. Oh and all these fabulous ingredients came from Trader Joes. Every single one of them.


X x

0 comments: