Pages

Tuesday, October 18

absolut ice bar - london

On Wednesday night, after all our sight seeing  {previous post} we needed to have a little fun. One of the only things Brett wanted to do was visit the Absolut Ice Bar. We weren't sure if we were going to actually go in or not but we thought we would take a look and see what it's all about. When we got there it wasn't crowded at all and we could just walk right in as one of the 45 minute session had just started. We figured we were already there and there was no wait so we ventured on in. Since this was not only my journey, but Brett's as well, I am going to let him guest blog about London and the one thing he was looking forward to the most; the Ice Bar!



Brett: Hello avid readers of this blog, this is my debut blog entry. As Susie previously stated, after doing everything there is to do in Scotland, Susie and I hopped on a plane and set off to London. I had never been to the UK before, so it was an amazing experience that I will never forget. From the moment I found out we were going on the trip, I asked if the Ice-bar in London would be near we are staying, and if not, could we get a hotel near the Ice-bar. I am a fan of winter and the cold and I had seen a documentary on the ice hotel that I one day hope to visit. Going to an Ice-bar was definitely on my list of things to do before I die. Susie and I had just seen all the sights the Big Bus Tour had to offer, so we decided to use the underground to walk around to see what the nightlife had to offer. We decided to check out the Ice-bar and try to make reservations for the following day; but to our surprise, there was no line and we got to walk right in. It was everything I had imagined it to be. I liked how the LED lights would change with the music and light up the natural cracks in the ice. There were ice sculptures and functional ice furniture. My favorite part was the glasses they served drinks in were made of ice.  The temperature was perfect and the parkas made it very comfortable. This experience definitely made my euro-trip. I recommend making a stop at London’s Ice-bar to anyone who is going to London. 


X x

0 comments: