Pages

Thursday, May 16

a tan in february

Let’s rewind to February shall we? I received an email from work saying that they are adding a holiday to our calendar, President’s Day. I quickly told Brett and much to his surprise he was getting the day off as well. We started thinking of fun things we could do for the day, then it hit me. It’s February, it’s cold, windy and rainy and I'm tired of it. {Not that I can really complain about “winter” seeing as I live in California, but still!} Regardless, the weather was in fact getting me down and I wanted sunshine and sand. Where can we go for quick turn around trip where it’s going to be warm and sunny?

Mexico!
Cabo San Lucas to be exact.

It is directly under California and only a 4-hour flight to get down there. We booked our flights and hotel about two weeks before we departed. It was a bit of a mad scramble to find my summer clothes and swimsuits while my head was deep into winter mode with snowboard and winter clothes everywhere. Friday morning finally came and before we knew it, the captain was telling us to fasten our seatbelts for landing. We made it to Cabo! What a drastic change from being up in Tahoe just the weekend before tearing up the mountain on snowboards.

We arrived on Friday afternoon and checked into our hotel and spent the afternoon/evening exploring our hotel, the town and speaking with people to find out how to make the most of our trip. My absolute favorite moment of the entire trip was when I went to the dolphin encounter just down from our hotel and had the opportunity to swim with dolphins for an hour! There were only five or six other people in my group and we were the first group of the morning. The two dolphins that spent the hour with us were called Nacho & Aqua, the two “alpha-males” of the group. They were so curious and friendly, constantly bumping into us and looking for affection. It was an experience I will never forget & one that I hope to do again some day.

The rest of the weekend was spent lying on the beach, enjoying the scenery, taking boat rides to check out the arches, lover’s beach and a few drink here and there.





X x

0 comments: